Well it is 20191 and I hope you all had a wonderful and safe holiday. Mine was filled with a lot of laughter, great food, great people (thanks Val and Bri), and (I will admit) a little bit of alcohol. So everyone makes resolutions for the new year… and few stick to them. As for me I make goals.
Sometimes I reach them and sometimes I don’t. Last year my goal was to finish the novella Gone without the wind, with my partner in crime, David. We succeeded and I also finished the first draft of another novel, which was pretty damn cool. It makes me think that a lot more things are possible having made those goals and I am very grateful for the people who supported me and challenged me all the way. I always did love a good competition (thanks Brand).
It was also stock full of new opportunities for me through meeting all my wonderful new friends at Baltimore. I am doing everything in my power to get there again this year, hopefully as a guest or panelist. I have made more friends through that convention alone that I ever would have thought possible. You all know who you are and I am extremely happy to have you all in my life and to be a part of yours and I can’t wait to see you all again in May. That opportunity also indirectly brought me into the FIP group and now I get to be the bitch of the pirate ship and keep them scurvy pirates in line (yar)!
So what is in store for this year. First there are my goals:
- Write: I will write at least 500 words per day on one of my stories (I am pretty sure I have 6 works in progress).
- Stargazers: Ah my first born love child with Gwendolyn Jensen Woodard. I have not forgotten you but the muses were pulling me away. The goal for the year is to get up to episode 10 written and produced this year. Then we will look at the next season.
- Voice Acting: I have several large roles in my future and I am happy to say that some of them are almost done so I can take on more roles because, let’s face it, I really enjoy acting. Anyone who wants to cast me as a villain, I am so there.
- Get Published: Among my works in progress there are a couple of short stories that I will be submitting for publication. I have my fingers crossed that it will get approved, but early beta reads are promising.
- Scriveners Circle: David and I have been on a hiatus but we are working to bring you new content. Once I get another WIP completed I will be casting for another audio book. I am debating if it will be my spy novel or my urban demonic fantasy… what do you all think?
- Lose Inches: Every time I say I want to lose weight, I feel like I am doing well until I hit the scale. So, while I am listening to my friend Doc and his diet tips, I will be measuring my progress more by my waist size than anything. I will be doing the NutriSystem diet for a while. Currently I wear a size 14 in pants. I want to get down to a size 12 by March and possibly a size 10 by the end of the year. To do this I have to make several life changes. I can’t have bread anymore, so that helps. I have also chosen to stay away from potato chips and soda (except at restaurants). I will also be working out 2x per day 5 days per week, and working out when I get bored to avoid snacking (my major weakness). Wish me luck.
So those are the major goals for me this year. Today I will likely get to writing a little for Stargazers and writing up the goals in pretty letters to post on the wall behind my monitor so that I keep on track.
I hope you all are doing well and I look forward to hearing from you and your efforts for the new year, as writers, voice actors, producers, and my friends. May 2019 give you all that you need and the means to go after what you want.